Frequently Asked Questions
Choosing a tutor or tutoring company is a big deal! You want to make sure that you have a qualified and trustworthy tutor coming to your home to help your child in his or her academic endeavors. We understand. We at The Brain Domain want to make sure that you’re 100% comfortable! That’s why we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to put your mind at east. However, if we fail to answer one of your questions, please feel free to drop us a line and let us know how we can help! We can be easily reached at email@example.com or by calling 713-234-5784.
- College graduate with excellent grades
- Perfect background check, run by a napbs accredited background check company
- Have at least 3 years of tutoring experience
- Successfully complete multiple interviews with the tutoring coordinator and owner
- Undergo a thorough transcript review
- Tutor the owner in the subjects of interest (based on a certain learning style and grade level)
- Seamlessly undergo a thorough reference check
The Initial Consultation is a $100 flat fee. The consultation typically lasts 60-90 minutes and ensures the best tutoring possible.
Hourly tutoring prices range according to the qualifications of the tutor. Tutoring is typically $70-120 per hour.
Test preparation and college counseling do not cost more than our typical tutoring costs.
The price includes the tutor’s preparation time, travel time, and all of the tutor’s materials.
- We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Each lesson is tailored to the individual’s unique needs.
- We customize our lessons based on the student’s learning style. This enables students to learn in a way that works for them! (We even match tutors with students based on personality traits!)
- Every tutor at The Brain Domain is a college graduate, many of our tutors have advanced degrees.
- All of our tutoring is one-on-one!
Depending on your needs, we are available 24/7, 7 days per week. We can even be reached by phone 24/7!Where does the tutoring take place?
We usually tutor at our students’ homes since that is the most convenient for the parent. However, if you would like us to meet you somewhere else, just let us know!What is the initial consultation, and why is it necessary?
The initial consultation is when Bonnie, the owner of The Brain Domain, comes to your home to meet with the parents and the student. During the consultation, Bonnie will complete an intake form noting all of the family’s concerns, goals, needs, and academic history. Bonnie will also assess a variety of factors, including learning style, current comprehension of material, and personality. The purpose is to place you with the perfect tutor and not waste any valuable tutoring time. This also allows us to have a baseline for the child’s performance to compare to later. By getting to know your student well up front, we are better able to provide an environment that leads to confident learners.Does The Brain Domain require advanced payment?
No! We charge once weekly for the previous week’s sessions.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We only take credit card (all US cards except American Express).